Large Public Sector Facility Case Study
“I have 66 buildings across Dublin and I'm responsible for reporting those buildings. SensorCIS allowed me to see energy used since 2016 and see which buildings are high or low in usage. SensorCIS is flexible and adaptable and allows the user to investigate what is going wrong and how cost effective it is. If you can't measure something, you can't correct it."
The 100,000ft² site had a high level of utility usage that could have been better managed. SensorCIS monitorisation revealed:
- Carbon emissions much higher than anticipated.
- High levels of electricity usage during periods where it was not needed and/or the site was vacant.
- High levels of gas usage at night, during the weekend and while the site was closed due to government restrictions
"I wouldn't have noticed the faulty time clocks in my regular routines. I like how Ultan Technologies quickly gave me projected savings from one corrective action."
SensorCIS implementation resulted in:
- Reduced energy costs by €29,000 annually.
- A fantastic return on investment, the project paid for itself within three months.
- 50% reduction in heating costs.
- 15% reduction in electricity costs.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 150 tonnes.
"As for reporting, I have to go back and present this to the CEO who I meet once a week. With SensorCIS, results are automated and evaluated and I'm sent the report every Monday morning automatically. The data can be configured for any type of end-user or engineer. It's very bespoke to your needs."