In order to manage PINERGY’s 1,000s of customers, 100s of sales people, 100s of users, millions of payments & meters, and 1,000s of regulatory messages, Ultan Technologies developed a comprehensive CRM System using extensive customisation within Dynamics CRM.
- Tight and Efficient Sales Processes: Tracking payment processes from multiple sources, Thorough sales monitoring and reporting facilities were developed.
- Reliable and Comprehensive Sales, Management, and Regulatory Reporting: Vital information for customised reporting was provided.
- Centralised Information Hub for Customer Support Services: Improved overall customer satisfaction was attained by having immediate access to extensive customer profiles.
- Controlled Regulatory Compliance: Governing standards were met through a secure communication link.
The Dynamics CRM technology used
The following Dynamics CRM technologies were used at various times by our developers in order to produce this experience for the end user:
- Dynamics CRM APIs – these are used to retrieve all details from the CRM and to write back all creates and updates to the CRM
- Scheduled processes within Dynamics CRM
- Extensive Reports
- Entity customisations such as additional fields, forms and views
- Additional entity creation
- Managed Solutions
- Website Integration
- Customised imports and export
- Workflow Processes
PINERGY needed a comprehensive system in order to ensure that their operations worked smoothly, their sales process was tight and they met all of their regulatory duties.
They were faced with these challenges:
- Disorganised Sales Procedures: PINERGY used an inefficient system for tracking all customer acquisitions, taking in sales from their website, field agents, partners and their support team. It was pertinent to furnish detailed progress reports on their sales.
- Decentralised Customer Database: Their customer support team did not have a tool that that would give them all the information required to answer customer queries or track customer issues as they arose.
- Incomplete Reporting: They needed a software solution to help manage and connect all the processes and create reports on marketing strategies and other reports for the management team, sales teams and the regulator.
- Slow Communication with Regulator: It was necessary to send and receive messages to and from the regulator in real time for quick and responsive action.
- Inefficient Metering System: A mechanism that can manage all meter installations, track all meter readings, and create statements for the customers on a regular basis was required.
Functions that are provided by the system using extensive customisation within Dynamics CRM:
- Manage the sales process so they can report confidently on progress through their various sales stages
- Automatically take in sales from their web site, field agents using hand held devices, 3rd party partners selling the product in retail shops and from their outsourced support team
- Report on their various marketing strategies
- Send and receive messages to and from the regulator in real time
- Provide their support team with a tool that would give them all the information required to answer customer queries; allow this support team track customer issues as they arose
- Manage all meter installations
- Track all payments coming from customers
- Track all meter readings
- Create statements for the customers on a regular basis
- Create reports as required for the management team, sales teams and the regulator
Success of Dynamics of CRM
We added several new entity types to handle meters, meter readings, payments, statements, messaging to and from the regulator, etc. We customised existing entities such as Accounts, Contacts, Cases, and Opportunities. We have developed several processes that regularly query the CRM identifying changes to the data that requires messages to be automatically sent to the regulator, Pinergy’s sales people and other third party software products. We have developed several processes that react to messages from websites, the regulator and other software and automatically update or create entity instances in the CRM based on the content of these messages.